Thursday, November 30, 2006

Profilese

I've never considered myself much of a linguist. Four years of high school Spanish left me with the ability to ask for a beer (Thank God). However, I have recently become fluent in the newest of languages, Profilese.

Profilese: I like a girl who is not afraid to be treated well.
Translation: I will smother you.

Profilese: I'm very focused on my career.
Translation: I'm rich.

Profilese: I'm looking for a partner in crime.
Translation: I use cliches on a regular basis.

Profilese: I'm young at heart.

Unfortunately, this statement does not translate literally. Possibilities differ depending on context.

Possible Translations:
I'm old.
I'm immature
I'm the same guy who used the other cliche.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Dauntless Dater -- I wanted to introduce the concept of Eight at Eight to you. It's not internet dating, but a group date for four men and four women for dinner. Any chance this might be something you'd want to discuss?
Sandi
pr@8at8.com